## **MEMBERS**

Adeyemi Alimi, ADEC Alex Strawn, MSB (Chair) Ben White, ADOT&PF Bob Charles Jr., Knik Tribe Brian Winnestaffer, Chickaloon Native Village Clint Adler, ADOT&PF Crystal Smith, MSBSD Dan Tucker, RSA Representative Erich Schaal, City of Wasilla (Vice Chair) Jennifer Busch, Public Transit Jude Bilafer, City of Palmer Kate Dueber, ARRC Lawerence Smith, Trucking Industry Advocate Randy Durham, MSB TAB Stuart Leidner, Mobility Advocate Tom Adams, MSB



#### **Microsoft Teams meeting**

Join on your computer or mobile app

Join the meeting now

Meeting ID: 212 292 356 947

Passcode: hM32qk7b

Dial in by phone

+1 605-937-6140 (844) 594-6237

Phone conference ID: 645 339 13#

## **Agenda**

Tuesday, February 11<sup>th</sup>, 2025 2:00 – 4:00pm

## **Meeting Location**

Musk Ox Farm 12850 E Archie Road, Palmer Alaska 99645 Hayloft / Classroom

- Call to Order
- 2. Consent Agenda (Action Item)
  - a. Approval of the February 11th, 2025 Agenda
  - b. Approval of the January 14th, 2025, Minutes
- 3. Staff/Committee/Working Group Reports
  - Staff Report
    - a. Schedule of topics
- 4. Voices of the Visitors (Non-Action Items)
- Action Items
- 6. Old Business
  - a. MSB Pass through Grant Agreement Update
  - b. Metropolitan Transportation Plan Contract Update
- 7. New Business
  - a. STIP Amendment #2 Update
  - b. MVP tagline review and voting
- 8. Other Issues
- 9. Informational Items
  - a. MSB Corridor Access Management Plan for Bogard <u>Matanuska-Susitna Borough -</u> <u>Proposed Bogard Seldon CAMP Revised 01 30 2025</u> Presented by: Julie Spackman, Long Range Planner MSB
  - b. Transit Roundtable February 12<sup>th</sup> at noon via <u>Teams</u>
  - c. FHWA/DOT/MPO Peer Exchange overview of concerns, needs, actions, and next steps

- 10. Technical Committee Comments
- 11. Adjournment

Next Scheduled MPO Technical Committee Meeting - Tuesday, March 11<sup>th</sup>, 2025 from 2:00-4:00pm to be held at the Musk Ox Farm and Microsoft TEAMS.

#### **MEMBERS**

Adeyemi Alimi, ADEC Alex Strawn, MSB (Chair) Ben White, Alaska DOT&PF Bob Charles Jr., Knik Tribe Brian Lindamood, ARRC Brian Winnestaffer, Chickaloon Native Village Clint Adler, Alaska DOT&PF Crystal Smith, MSBSD Dan Tucker, RSA Representative Erich Schaal, City of Wasilla (Vice Chair) Jennifer Busch, Public Transit Jude Bilafer, City of Palmer Lawerence Smith, Trucking Industry Advocate Randy Durham, MSB TAB Stuart Leidner, Mobility Advocate Tom Adams, MSB



#### **Microsoft Teams meeting**

Join on your computer or mobile app

Click here to join the meeting

Meeting ID: 271 882 292 62

Passcode: JQ3sV9jB

Or call in (audio only)

+1 605-937-6140

Phone Conference ID: 942 096 921#

## **Minutes**

Tuesday, January 14<sup>th</sup>, 2025 2:00 – 4:00pm

## **Meeting Location**

Musk Ox Farm 12850 E Archie Road, Palmer Alaska 99645 Hayloft / Classroom

#### 1. Call to Order

The meeting was called to order at 2:02 pm.

#### **Members Present**

Alex Strawn, MSB
Tom Adams, MSB
Clint Adler, Alaska DOT&PF
Julius Adolfsson, Alaska DOT&PF
Alimi Adeyemi, ADEC
Crystal Smith, MSBSD
Erich Schaal, City of Wasilla
Jude Bilafer, City of Palmer
Lawerence Smith, Trucking Industry Advocate
Stuart Leidner, Mobility Advocate
Randy Durham, MSB TAB
Ben White, Alaska DOT&PF
Jennifer Busch, Public Transit
Dan Tucker, RSA Representative
Brian Winnestaffer, Chickaloon Native Village

## **Members Absent**

Brian Lindamood, ARRC Bob Charles Jr., Knik Tribe

## Visitors Present

Kim Sollien, MVP MPO Elise Blocker, RESPEC Jason Biernat, High Street Consulting Donna Gardino, Gardino Consulting Services Adriana Herrera-Furr, High Street Consulting Adam Bradway, Alaska DOT&PF Julius Adolfsson, Alaska DOT&PF

#### 2. Consent Agenda (Action Item)

Motion to approve the Consent agenda (Winnestaffer), seconded. Passed unanimously.

- a. Approval of the January 14th, 2025 Agenda
- b. Approval of the December 10th, 2024, Minutes

#### 3. Staff/Committee/Working Group Reports

#### Staff Report

#### a. Schedule of topics

Kim Sollien provided a staff report. Quarterly reports are beginning and will be submitted to Alaska DOT&PF by the end of the month. MVP swag has been purchased and will be brought to the Mat-Su Transportation Fair. MVP is working with the borough GIS team to create a map for the fair with the boundary. Formal proposals for IT, insurance and the like will be ready for the Policy Board meeting next week. The first transit roundtable was canceled due to low attendance availability, but Kim is in the process of rescheduling. The Musk Ox Farm will be rented for the next 6 months and MVP is in negotiations with RESPEC for office space to sublet. Membership checks are coming in, and the bank account will be opened next month. The MTP contract is in the works and tightening up presentation for peer review. The executive session will occur during the Policy Board meeting for Kim Sollien's position.

#### 4. Voices of the Visitors (Non-Action Items)

None

#### 5. Action Items

None

#### 6. Old Business

None

#### 7. New Business

#### a. STIP Amendment #2 Update

Kim Sollien provided a staff report stating that STIP amendment 2 is not out yet. MVP is waiting. Hoping for a presentation to show what has changed.

**Ben White:** Heard they are doing a review of the draft. The commissioner is out of the country. The plan is to have it very soon. We likely won't have a lot of time before it goes out for public review.

**Adam Bradway:** We are reviewing projects to make sure that projects within the MVP boundary are designated as such, and other administrative updates. Clean up as much as we can before public review.

 Transportation Alternatives Program Manual presentation – Julius Adolfsson, Alaska DOT&PF

Julius Adolfsson and Jason Biernat presented the Transportation Alternatives Program Manual.

Kim Sollien: Will the state allocate funds directly to MVP?

Julius Adolfsson: Yes.

**Tom Adams:** The Borough has benefited from awards. Is there any expectation of what those sub allocations would look like?

**Julius Adolfsson**: It will follow federal PL formulas and federal apportionment for that category.

Adam Bradway: The STIP right now has MVP receiving \$500,000-600,000 as TAP funding.

**Tom Adams:** This is a significant reduction.

Adam Bradway: That's in perpetuity. You can still apply for funds outside the boundary.

**Tom Adams:** Inside the boundary, the only project that could be nominated would have to go through MVP. Is that correct?

**Julius Adolfsson:** Through the federal guidelines – you can still nominate projects, but funding would be unlikely for funding outside the boundary.

**Jason Biernat:** There is a choice between the competitive process with the state and the sub-allocation that delineates the way projects are selected and funded.

**Tom Adams:** This seems like a significant setback for those areas outside the boundary. If MSB chooses to do a competitive project within the MPO boundary, they might get dinged because it's in the boundary.

**Donna Gardino:** Nothing in federal regulations to prevent DOT&PF from allowing them to grant projects within an MPO boundary TAP funds within that boundary. Did I hear money itself will be transferred to MPO, and then the MPO will manage those funds?

Jason Biernat: Correct

**Donna Gardino:** The process will have to follow Title 23 in the development of the projects. The MPO will manage the funds and then they'll basically be reimbursing DOT for the work they're doing to develop the projects – that adds another new process, that for 500k, you're just complicating things. We have an established process already with non-TAP projects, then you're going to have the MPO ED have to reimburse seems unnecessary. It doesn't seem like an efficient way to manage those funds. To Tom Adam's concern – TAPS can be used as supplemental funding alongside other funds.

**Adam Bradway:** We need to clarify whether MVP is receiving or programming the funding. If we're transferring money back and forth, that's a huge administrative task, but if MVP is just programming where the money is going to, it's not a new process, it's just adding funding to existing programming duties.

**Donna Gardino:** We'd have to program this funding in our TIP.

**Adam Bradway:** FAST planning was programming the TAP funding, but they weren't supposed to be doing that without a local control plan.

**Julius Adolfsson:** Taking a step back – BIL states allocate funds to small-urban MPOs. Alaska DOT&PF are able to suballocate funds to the MPOs to program into their TIPs. However, to suballocate, DOT&PF needs to see the local control plan. We've talked with FAST and MVP to figure out what they'd prefer.

**Tom Adams:** There's a lot of confusion about what's going to happen. During this standup period for MVP, what is our eligibility during the transition time when we don't have the sub-allocation going yet? How is that considered? Is there is plan for the future for the CTP presentation?

**Julius Adolfsson:** We would approach it like our last cycle, because I believe you already got the nomination. I don't know where we stand on CTP. As far as I know, we don't have a selected timeline for CTP, and I have not been as involved in that process.

Adam Bradway: Ben and I can put together a presentation.

**Stuart Leidner:** As the person who is on this committee, it will be good to build capacity so we have a voice in it, and we can vet the projects. Have a particular interest in Bogard and how that will play into getting kids to school.

**Donna Gardino:** For Toms concerns, for the interim, we asked DOT to bank the funds for TAP, CMAQ, STPG, congestion, until we have an MTP and a TIP. When we have MTP and TIP, we have FY 24, 25, and 26 funds to program into the new TIP for FY27. We know the funds are good for the year they are allocated and the following 3 years. If that occurred, they would be as eligible for August redistribution. That is what the MPO has already requested for the interim years.

Julius Adolfsson: If there is any documentation that we could use, please share.

**Adam Bradway:** The conversation about the local control plan came up after the programming of projects, we will have to talk to Julius.

**Donna Gardino:** If we don't have a local control plan in place, we don't have a suballocation and don't have control over FY 24 and 25?

Adam Bradway: That's correct.

**Donna Gardino:** The DOT&PF will decide how they'll be used, and to be fair, DOT&PF will likely put funding towards projects that we indicated we wanted them to be used on, including TAP.

**Julius Adolfsson:** I will work with the federal aid office, if we have project solicitations prior to the Local Control Plan and Tip are developed, you'll still be eligible for the funds, but DOT&PF will be running the call for the projects with their project collection criteria. But you'd still be eligible for the funds.

**Donna Gardino:** If we aren't eligible for supplication, then the borough and cities should be eligible to submit projects while the MPO is getting its plans together.

**Jason Adolfsson**: (Posted figure in the chat – suballocation chart) Until the plan is in place, the state program is the default. FHWA has a local control section that has more details on this.

**Tom Adams**: The borough was awarded two projects (PF Pathway and Outer Springer Pathway). How does this conversation affect funding the future? Will we get our suballocation dollars now?

**Adam Bradway**: Until MVP has a local control plan that funding is available for DOT&PF to use on those projects. Alaska DOT&PF might be spending MVP funds until that plan is available.

Tom Adams: Should MSB be focused on taking money out of different buckets?

**Donna Gardino:** That is a part of a larger conversation called the 'grandfather agreement.' When we become an MPO with a TIP and an MTP, we have to negotiate with the state on how they're going to treat all your (MSB) projects, that are still in the process of design and construction. Those were funds that were dedicated to your projects, before you were an MPO, so those will have to be negotiated at the time MVP has an MTP and TIP. This was done in Fairbanks, and the state honored paying for the increases in the costs of projects. We have to address each project that is currently in the STIP, because it will eventually go into the TIP. We need to discuss what's coming from new suballocations vs what is going to come from the CTP funding that was promised before we were an MPO.

**Donna:** The approach to developing the criteria is good. In the past, it has been problematic for all projects to score well. Eligible projects didn't fit well with the project type. To be able to tailor the criteria to the type of project is critical to put the projects on an even playing field.

**Julius Adolfsson:** Current criteria is clearly aimed at infrastructure projects; the eligibility could be tailored to other eligibility such as safe routes to school.

#### 8. Other Issues

Kim Sollien will email the Conflict-of-Interest Policy out to others not present in the meeting.

#### 9. Informational Items

a. MPO Peer Review January 28<sup>th</sup>-30<sup>th</sup>, 2025, Location: Hilton Garden Inn, 4555 Union Square Dr, Anchorage, AK 99503

**Kim Sollien:** The agenda is in your packet.

Tom Adams: Is Day 3 questions and answers?

Adam Bradway: It will be a summation and will have the most collaborative conversations.

b. Mat-Su Transportation Fair January 30<sup>th</sup>, 2025 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM Location: Alaska State Fairgrounds, Raven Hall, 12878 E Rebarchek Ave, Palmer

MVP has a table.

c. Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) – MVP and MSB

**Alex Strawn:** MSB took the MOA and worked it through Finance and Legal. Sent it back to Kim who currently has it.

**Kim Sollien:** MVP has to have a special grant agreement to access the 1 million dollars that the state legislature gave to MVP. Until we get the agreement together, we cannot get those funds. The Policy Board has asked MVP to get an attorney – they are working on that.

d. MSB Comprehensive Safety Action Plan (CSAP) <u>20241219-MSB-CSAP-Public-Review-Draft.pdf</u>

**Tom Adams:** For Safe streets grants, the CSAP is in draft form. January 19<sup>th</sup> is the cut-off. There are recommended projects. Cities and the state are encouraged to review. It sets MSB up for future SS4A funding.

e. Transit Roundtable Update

Kim Sollien provided a staff report. The meeting was canceled; rescheduling is in progress. An update will be provided next month.

### f. Membership Fee Update

Kim Sollien provided a staff report. Checks are coming in, setting up the bank account next week.

#### g. Metropolitan Transportation Plan Update

Adam Bradway: Negotiations in progress.

Alex Strawn: Any update on the Travel Demand Model?

**Adam Bradway:** This is a separate study; at this point the data is updated and the team is doing a run to get the products out. 2045 is the projected year and the level of service calculated. The model run is running right now. The State of Alaska is negotiating a statewide travel demand model that MPOs will be able to pull data from.

Alex Strawn: Is it just for MPA or is it larger?

**Adam Bradway:** It's statewide, so Alaska DOT&PF can go in and request the modelling for anywhere in the state. The TDM for MVP goes up to Willow, down to the Port, and out to Chickaloon.

**Tom Adams:** Can you project future growth, and manipulate corridors to what things will look like?

Adam Bradway: Nobody at Alaska DOT&PF has TransCAD to do a model run.

**Tom Adams:** MSB is interested in taking advantage of that data.

Kim Sollien: Can the R&M project help Tom?

**Adam Bradway:** The contract with R&M does not have much flexibility. The term contract should be up quickly. MSB could use the product to run scenarios.

### 10. Technical Committee Comments

**Brian Winestaffer:** Chickaloon partnered with Alaska DOT&PF and AML and wrote a grant, ATIP, planning to work closely with DOT and hire a contractor to look at a separated pathway to Eureka.

Clint Adler: Encourage everyone to look at the model in Julius's presentation.

Dan Tucker: Sorry I was late!

**Tom Adams:** Forgive me if I took up too much time trying to navigate how this funding is going to work. More conversations will need to be had in the future.

**Alex Strawn:** Appreciate these questions being asked.

#### 11. Adjournment

The meeting was adjourned at 3:39 pm.

Next Scheduled MPO Technical Committee Meeting – Tuesday, February 11 from 2:00-4:00pm to be held at the Musk Ox Farm and Microsoft TEAMS.



#### FFY25/26 UPWP Tasks

#### **TASK 100 A UPWP**

- Started Drafting the FFY25 First Quarterly Report for October, November and December
- Submitted the Approved FFY24 UPWP, FFY24 Final Report, and the signed Operating Agreement to FAST Planning for their annual audit.

#### Task 100 B Metropolitan Transportation Plan

Met with Adam Bradway and RESPEC to review the cost proposal for the MTP contract. We asked for a budget and deliverable revision.

#### **TIP Scoring Criteria**

**Complete Streets Policy** 

Task 100 C TransCad Modeling

**TASK 100 D Household Travel Survey** 

**TASK 100 E Transportation Improvement Program** 

#### TASK 100 F Update and Implementation of the Public Participation Plan and Title VI Plan

- Purchased logo-branded items for the Mat-Su Transportation Fair
- Reserved a table at the Transportation Fair
- Requested MSB GIS Department assist MVP with a few maps of our boundary for the Transportation Fair and the Peer Exchange Presentation
- Drafted a presentation about MVP for the Peer Exchange

## **TASK 100 G Support Services**

#### **Budget Management**

- Received paperwork to open a bank account for MVP from MVFCU to review with the PB
- Drafted the Corporate resolution approving opening a bank account with MVFCU and authorizing check signers
- Began drafting the budget to actual table for FFY2025 as quotes and contracts for IT, HR/Payroll, Office and Meeting space and Accounting Services costs roll in.

#### Meetings



- Met with the Project Team weekly to prep for the TC and PB meetings and develop packet materials
- Scheduled the first Mat-Su Transit Roundtable meeting for January 8<sup>th.</sup> This meeting was canceled because two of the Transit providers could not attend. The next meeting is in February.
- Attended the AMATS TC meeting
- Met with Julius Adolfsson to review the Transportation Alternatives Program guide and presentation being developed to present to the Technical Committee
- Met with Julius Adolfsson and Highstreet consulting to review the TAP presentation for the TC meeting
- Met with AMATS and FAST directors to discuss our MPO overview presentations for the Peer Review
- Attended FAST Planning's Policy Board Meeting
- Watched FAST and AMATS present to the Alaska House Transportation Committee about MPO's and the STIP challenges
- > Staffed a table at the Transportation Fair at Raven Hall and shared information about MVP and our organizational focus. Solicited input from attendees on a slogan for MVP.

#### Staffing

- > Drafted a hire letter for the Executive Director Position and am waiting for the board to review, edit and or sign.
- Updated staff job descriptions for the Board to review

#### **Office Management**

- ➤ Working with RESPEC Eng, Palmer office, to secure a sublet office lease
- Received the Sublease from RESPEC for Palmer office space and provided comments and questions
- Secured the Musk Ox farm Meeting Space for the year for the TC and PB meetings and paid the rental fee for six months.
- Reviewed the cost and equipment proposal from TechWise for IT services and scheduled a meeting for January 15th to review contract costs and the start date for data migration away from FAST to MVP. This will be presented to the PB for review
- Met with Vensure Employment Services Company to review their proposal to provide payroll, workers comp, and ala cart services for MVP staff
- > Toured an office space in Wasilla and sent the realtor questions about the lease terms

## Correspondence



- > Emailed Vensure Payroll Services to see how much longer they need to develop our quote
- Emailed Diamond insurance brokers to see how much longer they need to develop our insurance quotes.

## **Nonprofit Filings and reports**

#### **Organizational Documents**

- Pulled together all the final approved MVP Policies to be signed and uploaded into the Organizational / Board Portal on the Website.
- Updated the conflict of interest certification form to correct a minor edit and sent it to the TC and PB members for signatures
- Received the signed corporate resolution to open a bank account and authorize check signers.
- Signed the contract with Tech Wise Systems

### **Agency Relationships**

#### **Contract Management**

#### Requests from the Policy Board and Technical Committee directed to staff

The project team has developed a Board portal for the website that will contain all of our internal organization policies. The policies are formatted and ready to be signed by Mayor Ledford before being placed in the portal. This should be complete by the January PB meeting.

#### **Strategic Planning**

#### **Short-Range and Tactical Planning**

### **Long-Range Planning**

#### **Funding / Budget**

- Received Chickaloon Natives Village Membership fee
- Received MSB Membership Fee
- Received City of Palmer Membership fee
- Met with Alex Strawn, Planning Director for the MSB, to discuss the MVP/MSB MOA, The MSB membership fee payment, and the contract updated for RESPEC
- Worked with Adam Bradway to begin the process of MVP receiving a letter from ADOT allowing us to use the FHWA safe harbor indirect cost rate of 110% for our FFY 25 funds.



Once MVP has a year of actual costs, we will have the opportunity to negotiate a different rate if necessary.

- Reviewed the Grant Agreement from the MSB and proposed comments. Sent the agreement to Mike Schecter MVP's attorney to review before sending back to the MSB
- Drafted a single source memo to justify the Tech Wise Systems IT proposal without requesting other quotes.

## **Training**

➤ Attended the ADOT&PF/FHWA/MPO Peer Exchange 1/28, 1/29, 1/30

### **TASK 200 A MSB Public Transit Planning Support**

At the request of MSB Planning staff, we reached out to ADOT&PF to explore questions about the Valley Transit motorcoach buses and the lien agreement the MSB may need to develop.

**TASK 200 B Transit Development Plan** 

**TASK 300 A MVP Sign Management Plan** 

**TASK 300 B MVP Advanced Project Definition** 

TASK 300 C MVP Streetlight and Intersection Management Plan

**TASK 300 D Pavement Asset Management Plan** 



# Staff Report February 2025

#### FFY25/26 UPWP Tasks

#### **TASK 100 A UPWP**

## Task 100 B Metropolitan Transportation Plan

Met with Adam Bradway to discuss the MTP contract cost proposal that RESPEC updated to meet our cost expectations

## **TIP Scoring Criteria**

#### **Complete Streets Policy**

### Task 100 C TransCad Modeling

#### **TASK 100 D Household Travel Survey**

Met with Adam Bradway to talk about the scope of work and RFP for the Household travel survey

#### **TASK 100 E Transportation Improvement Program**

## TASK 100 F Update and Implementation of the Public Participation Plan and Title VI Plan

## **TASK 100 G Support Services**

#### **Budget Management**

#### Meetings

- Met with the Project Team weekly to prep for the TC and PB meetings and develop packet materials
- Met with FAST, AMATS and ADOT MPO coordinators to discuss action items from the Peer Exchange and talk about the March Quarterly meeting in Fairbanks

#### **Staffing**

Advertised staff positions with Foraker Group

### **Office Management**

- > Set up a billing account with TechWise to begin the IT transfer and file migration
- ➤ We are waiting on the Indirect Cost Rate Approval and the IT transfer before opening a bank account



# Staff Report February 2025

#### Correspondence

**Nonprofit Filings and reports** 

**Organizational Documents** 

## **Agency Relationships**

Organized notes/action steps from the Peer Exchange to present to the TC and PB

**Contract Management** 

Requests from the Policy Board and Technical Committee directed to staff

**Strategic Planning** 

**Short-Range and Tactical Planning** 

**Long-Range Planning** 

**Funding / Budget** 

**Training** 

**TASK 200 A MSB Public Transit Planning Support** 

**TASK 200 B Transit Development Plan** 

**TASK 300 A MVP Sign Management Plan** 

**TASK 300 B MVP Advanced Project Definition** 

TASK 300 C MVP Streetlight and Intersection Management Plan

**TASK 300 D Pavement Asset Management Plan** 

# **MVP MPO Meeting Schedule Topics**

## May 2024

- Articles of Incorporation Restated PB approved and signed
- STIP Program of Projects Work Session
- Ready to receive Federal Operation Funding Spring 2024
- Recommend the updated Title VI plan for Public Comment
- Approve Metropolitan Transportation Plan scope of work
- Elect TC officers

#### June 2024

- TC Recommend and PB Approval of MVP program of projects STIP amendment for funding in FF24 and FFY25
- Review and Approve 3C's comments memo
- Review and Approve Proxy Voting change to the bylaws
- Recommend FY25 & FY26 UPWP for 30-day public comment June 19 to July 19
- Review and Adopt PM program policy for the P&P

## July 2024

- 2<sup>nd</sup> Review Fiscal Policy
- 2<sup>nd</sup> Review social media Policy
- Review Bylaw changes
  - Proxy voting
  - o Open Meetings Act
- Draft SS-4 to IRS for EIN
  - Conflict of interest
  - Officers & election minutes
  - Whistleblower Policy
- AOI resubmission
- STIP Amendment Update
- Program of Projects Update move everything to FFY2025
- Update the FFY25/26 UPWP
- Review FY 25 &26 PL award letter, make necessary amendments to the budget

#### August 2024

- ADOT request match Funds from MSB for the MTP and PL funding
- Review and Adopt Fiscal Policy
- Review and Adopt Social Media Policy
- Review and Approve Updated Bylaws
- Review and Adopt Whistleblower Policy
- Review and Adopt Conflict if interest Certification form

# MVP TC & PB meeting topics schedule November 2024

- Review and Approve Title VI plan
- Review and Approve FFY 25 and 26 UPWP, send to DOT to forward to FHWA for approval
- Review and Approve Fiscal Policy

#### September 2024

- Review and Adopt Annual Budget
- Review Match requirements
- Secure Foraker CPA for Accounting support
- Research Health Plans
- Research payroll services
- Research liability insurance
- Update website with approved MVP organizational documents

#### October 2024

- MSB CAMP presentation Julie Spackman
- Finalize scope for Metropolitan Transportation Plan
- Call ADOT about the status of the MVP improvement program Scope, Schedule, and Budget Plus for project state and ask for match and maintenance agreements (create a presentation of the projects)
- Review and Submit SS-4 to IRS for EIN and submit with
  - Three-year annual budget
  - o Officers' information and elections memo
  - Conflict of Interest policy
- IRS Letter received-

#### November 2024

- Review and Approve Personnel and Administrative Policies
- Send scope of work, schedule and estimate request to ADOT for Pavement, Streetlight, Intersection and Sign management plans
- Share Membership fee Invoice with TC and PB Members
- Complete descriptions for MVP staff positions Office and Communications Manager,
   Transportation Planning Manager, Transit Planning Manager and GIS/Data Analysist (contractor)
- Attend ADOT Federal Funding Overview Work Session
- Draft and Submit final report for the FFY 2024 UPWP
- Update Proxy Voting Policy in the Bylaws
- Review and Approve Personnel Policies
- Review and Approve Records Retention, Public Records Request and Website Policy

#### December 2024

- Submit Final FFY24 UPWP Annual Report
- Hire Executive Director

# MVP TC & PB meeting topics schedule November 2024

- Secure Accounting Consultant
- •
- Join TechSoup for discount computer software Quickbooks and Adobe Pro
- Finalize TC and PB meeting Calendar
- Rent Meeting Space for the next 6 months
- Send Invoices to PB members for Membership Fees

## January 2025

- Hire Executive Director
- Secure Legal Support
- Secure IT support
- FFY25-26 UPWP Q1 report Submitted
- Transportation Alternatives Program manual presentation
- Policy Board adopts Corporate Resolution to open a bank account

## February 2025

- Finalize Reporting Calendar UPWP, Title VI, Staff, Finance, Minutes, Public Notices
- Review and Approve Grant agreement between MVP and the MSB for Alaska DOT&PF's membership fees and other MVP startup costs
- Advertise for Staff: Office/Communication Manager and Transportation Planner
- STIP amendment #2 review
- Secure Payroll Services
- Secure Insurances
  - Directors
  - General Liability
  - o Commercial Auto
  - o Personal Property for office equipment
- Begin Update to the Public Participation Plan & Title VI related to MTP development
- Secure MTP consultant
- Apply for State and City Business Licenses
- Check in with ADOT Civil Rights Office to discuss title VI training and reporting
- Secure Letter from ADOT&PF on the Indirect Cost Rate Agreement
- Open Bank account with \$1
- Advertise for Office / Communications Manager and Transportation Planner Positions

### March 2025

- CRP plan review the was developed outside of consultation with the MPOs/ MVP priorities
- CMAQ funding review
- TIP Funding Policy to Technical Committee and Policy Board
- Grandfather agreements with ADOT&PF

# MVP TC & PB meeting topics schedule November 2024

- Review and Approve the ADOT performance-based approaches criteria to incorporate into our planning as required in 23 CFR 450.306(d). ADOT&PF will provide the MOU to MVP about the targets that we can accept or choose to adopt our own.
- Review Recommend the Public Participation Plan Update for Public Comment 45-day
- Begin MTP, Household Survey, and Travel Model

## April 2025

• Draft scope of services for the Audit and 990 filing

May 2025

June 2025

July 2025

August 2025

September 2025

October 2025

November 2025

#### December 2025

• Travel Demand Model

## January 2026

• Performance measures

## July 2026

• MTP and Complete Streets Completion

### October 2026

• TIP Completion

#### December 2026

• New MPOs should have a formally adopted MTP and TIP by December 29, 2026